Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finding a Christmas Tree

It has become a ritual that Steph, my mother, and I go to All American and find our yearly Christmas tree. As we performed our yearly tradition and went on the hunt to find a tree, I quickly realized that I have no idea how to find a good Christmas tree. Every tree that I thought was good enough, was either crooked or too empty in certain areas. What makes a good tree anyway? I'm sorry Biancs, I know that next year (when we finally get to choose our own tree and start a new tradition of our own) I'm going to suck at picking a tree. I'll keep pushing for a reject tree that looks like the Charlie Brown tree.
This got me wondering, what happens to all the reject trees? Steph and I made our way down the aisles and came across an aisle that seemed to be full of the rejected trees. Ones that just looked beat up and you just knew no one was going to pick . I wanted to choose one of these reject trees for sympathy and just have it on display in our front yard or something. Poor trees. They were like the ginger children of their society. All the other trees poke fun at these trees and pick on them and designate a day to kick them. It's a very sad sad scenario. I think that places that sell Christmas trees, should at least offer some sort of discount for these "ginger" trees so that they can at least stand a chance to be purchased.
Notice that in this picture above, this tree appears to have a crack in it.
Well Merry Christmas everyone, let me know if you have any tips on finding a good tree so I won't be so bad at it next year. I'll post up pics of our decorated tree once it's finished.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally fine with you and Bianca starting your new tradition next year but you better not abandon ours. you better learn how to pick trees cause next year, you're picking two.

    ReplyDelete