Saturday, April 10, 2010

Coachella

So who are the best bands around right now? That question can be up for debate for hours upon hours. One thing for sure is that a few of those bands that would be on the possible list for best bands around right now are: Radiohead, Muse, Gorillaz. All three will be peforming at Coachella. Ok, Radiohead isn't going to be there, but Thom Yorke will be and he's damn good by himself as well.

I've been to a few Coachella Music and Art festivals in the past and have enjoyed every experience thus far. I saw Bjork, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Weezer (awesome btw), Oasis, Keane and many many other band/singers. I have never been as excited to see a band as I am excited for Gorillaz (which technically isn't really a band, it's more Damon with featured guest and his house band). Plastic Beach, their new album, is insane. I liked it right away, but grew to love it. "Meloncholy Hill" will make anyone start to listen to the album and just as you think you can change the CD, you're intrigued by the strange sounds of "Empire Ants". I have like 5-6 songs that I play over and over and over again, while playing COD, driving, or simply just hanging out at home. A Great album plus the quirkiness of the Gorillaz add a few effects and this equation will call for an awesome show. I'm pretty pumped for it!

I've seen Muse perform a couple of times and am excited for them as well. They are so talented, and to this day I still haven't seen anyone perform like Matt Bellamy. Coachella is going to be awesome. I'll post up pics and videos when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment