Saturday, April 10, 2010

Michael Buble

So Bianca finally got to use the Christmas Present I got her (4 1/2 months later), which were tickets to the Michael Buble Crazy Love Tour concert in the Staples Center yesterday on Apr 9, 2010.




I was a little leery about going to the concert because as I have described Buble on numerous occasions, "he is just a glorified American Idol contestant". He doesn't write (much) of his own music and basically sings karaoke for a couple of hours (this was my whole idea of who MB was). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his voice and have listened to his albums on repeat from time to time, but I thought he was overpaid and got too much hype. I was wrong.


Buble is a performer and was awesome. He was funny, entertaining, and had a very likable personality. He's not cocky like I thought he was and wasn't boring at all. It was definitley a pleasant surprise and I am officially a fan of his now.


He had the perfect mix of standup, as he went through a few people in the crowd and embarrassed them a little, and singing (and boy can he sing). At one point in the show he walked away from his mic and was singing out loud without one. The stadium was dead silent , but you can somehow still here Buble clear from every seat in the house. He had such a powerful voice, it was amazing to me.


MB was a pleasant experience and I'm glad that we had the oppurtunity to watch him. I'm highly considering taking vocal lessons for a while so that I can improve my singing and one day perform for my fans at the Staples Center. Is it a dream or destiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment