Monday, October 26, 2009

Saturday Oct. 24, 2009



So I woke up sleepy from a long night of pumpkin fighting (I think i might have fought a couple in my sleep too, because I was exhausted). I had to go to work so did for close to 8 hours, crappy especially on a Saturday. When i got home I was looking forward to a long nap, but realized I wasn't going to be able to, because had to go out for Michelle's bday. Happy freaking birthday Michelle! I jumped in the shower and rushed out the door to meet at Daniela's. Ring Ring. "Sup Frank?" . "Hey buy me a ticket off a scalper when you get there for Kim." Crap, now I got to the bank, no problem." Rush to bank, then make it to Daniela's. We rushed over to the show and I got to show off my negotiation skills with a scalper for Frank. "Hey man, you need a ticket?" "Yeah, how much?" "Face value, $50" "Umm" I put on my poker face and was like "I don't know... ok that's cool". Damn I suck at bargaining (Sorry Frank). We get inside (yes, the scalper's ticket worked) and made it just in time to watch the first band, Wax! Have you ever heard of Wax before? If not, there's a reason for that. They freaking suck. "Take a drink of water, have a seat, Take a drink of water, have a seat... 1-2-3-4-5-6 Pick up Bricks". It's sad when a band like that gets to play shows with Weezer and I have to play at the Stardust. After an hour of trying to plug my ears, because I was afraid of another enraged blackout, Weezer finally came on. "Wow." They are freaking awesome. I've seen them before, but they were so entertaining on this night. Forgive me for not knowing any of their names, oh wait I know the singer's name is Rivers or something like that, but he was fun. His energy was perfect and his jokes were just right. One thing about being a guitar player is when you watch a good band perform you rush home and just want to play your guitar to get better, instead of practicing guitar, I wanted to practice running around the stage and being fun like he was. Michelle, I was exhausted before the show started, but am very glad I got to go for your birthday. Thanks for the invite and great idea! To everyone else, I suggest checking them out live, you're guaranteed a good time. Who knew? Weezer Rocks.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. They were REAAAALLLY good and I was feeling a little skeptical about the whole thing. Happy 25th Michelle!

    ReplyDelete