Monday, June 28, 2010

Predictions Rd of 16 Part II

So 3-4 of my predictions were correct and I knew Ghana would beat the US, but didn't want to have that as a prediction because it just didn't feel right.

Here are the rest of the round of 16 predictions :

Chile vs Brazil

Chile will keep this one close. Brazil will not be able to steamroll their way past them, but will get the win in the end (it's what they do best, basturds). I believe Brazil will in this 3-1 (a late 2 goals to keep it out of reach).

Netherlands vs Slovakia

Netherlands has never won a world cup. Neither has Slovakia. Only thing is Netherlands actually has had several chances, because they are an elite team. They are going to be way too strong for Slovakia. They called Slovakia the "Giant killers", their luck runs out today. Sorry David, Goliath is going to stomp on you. Netherlands win this one easy 2-0.

Paraguay vs Japan

People are talking about this guy Honda. He's reliable, fast, and quick unlike Honda cars, just kidding. I like Hondas. Anyway, Japan has been a force to be reckoned with, but to be honest they are lucky to even be here. South American teams will continue their rule of this world cup and Paraguay will prevail. I'm feeling 2-1 in Paraguay's favor here. Ore - me- gato Mr Robato, this will be your last match.

Espana vs Portugal

The exciting match of this series. #1 ranked team vs the #3 ranked team. When Portugal played Spain I honestly thought that they (Portugal) played a better game. They had the better chances, but just couldn't finish. Spain has a history of choking and Portugal is finally playing good. My gut is telling me to choose Portugal on this one as they are on a high right now, but I just can't. Spain is strong and will pull this off. I believe this will be a high scoring game, but in the end Spain wins 2-2. Spain wins off penalties! Hey Christiano, at least you still have your good looks.

Let's see how I do. I'm starting to get the bubble guts for the Germany vs Argentina game on Saturday, what a classic it can be. Vamos Argentina, I hope their magic never runs out. Messi has to score, hopefully 5 against Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment