Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Prediction: Quarter Finals

I was completely correct on my last predictions (the scores were off on a few, but pretty close).

Brazil, Spain, Paraguay, and Netherlands were all winners.

Now the fun starts...

Brazil vs Netherlands

This is one of the most anticipated games of the quarterfinals. Both of these teams have played fantastic, but one's tournament has to end here. The winner of the match will have a easy route through Uruguay or Ghana into the finals. So this games means everything to both teams. My brain is telling me that Brazil will win this, but my gut is saying it will be the Netherlands who pull it off. My final prediction is a 2-2 tie, going to a penalty shoot out that the Netherlands win. A huge upset, but great game.

Ghana vs Uruguay

Uruguay has not looked very strong throughout the tournament. Ghana has shown some promise, but they're Ghana. I think Ghana will magically continue their run into the semi-finals becoming the first African nation to do so. Ghana wins 1-0.

Argentina vs Germany

On the other side of the bracket we have the most anticipated game of the world cup. The true final! Both teams have been playing fantastic football. Messi has yet to score, but I just know that will change in this game. I believe Argentina will just be too strong for Germany as they will be tested over and over again. Messi scores, Higuain scores, and then Messi again. Argentina wins this 3-2, just in the nick of time. Vamos vamos argentina, vamos vamos a ganar!

Germany beat Argentina last year in the 1/4 finals on penalty kicks. If it goes to penalties, we have a much better shooting team (not to mention Goalie) than we had 4 years ago. Also, Argentina played Germany just before the world cup and beat them 1-0 in Germany. We's got this baby! I hope Maradona comes on the field through Messi and rips them apart. Revenge! Revenge! Argentina aguante!

Spain vs Paraguay
The final game of the 1/4 finals should be an easy game for Spain. They are just now finding their true form and playing some good football. They will win this, after keeping us in suspense for the whole first half. This time it won't be Villa scoring, Torres will finally come through. Spain wins this easily 2-0.

Those are my predictions, let's hope the soccer Gods are still in Maradona's favor...

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts and predictions. We'll see what happens. I myself want to see Brazil and Spain advance all the way to the finals, with Brazil winning. Every game will be entertaining though.

    ReplyDelete